The SC-300 Pro Kit combines the SO2
detection of the SC-100 and the pH/TA analysis of the SC-200 into one power-packed instrument. Plus, with the added precision and convenience of the accessories provided in the SC-300 Pro Kit, you have a powerful compact Wine Laboratory at your fingertips. It’s built on the same hardware and software as the other two analyzers, so it is accurate, precise and easy to use. The audible buzzer and visual stop light will automatically let you know when your tests are done. Because it does not rely on a color change, the SC-300 eliminates the guesswork in Ripper sulfite tests, especially in red wines.
Kit includes everything to perform about 50 sulfite tests and 30 TA tests. The Vinmetrica SC-300 SO2 and pH/TA Analyzer has been paired up with the following accessories:
- The Lab Support Stand
- Vinmetrica Electrode Holder
- The Double Burette Clamp
- Magnetic Stirrer
- Rinse Bottle
- A Small Tube of Burette Detergent
- Burette: Either the 10 mL Glass Burette or the 25 mL Glass Burette*
*Both sizes are able to measure accurately within 0.2 mL, however the 25mL option is easier when you are conducting multiple tests because you will not have to refill it as often as you would the 10mL option.
A Quick Overview – Wine Analysis Procedures with the SC-300: Easy SO2 Test
Simple pH Test
- Press the power button, change to SO2 mode and press enter.
- Attach SO2 electrode. Draw up 5 mL of titrant into the syringe and place 25 mL of wine in beaker.
- Add ~2 mL of the acidifier and ~2 mL of the reactant to wine.
- Place and hold the SO2 electrode in the wine sample and swirl beaker.
- Add titrant from syringe dropwise until 15 second long endpoint signal reached.
- Multiply the titration volume by 20, the SO2 conversion factor, results in ppm Free SO2.
Accurate TA Test
- Attach the pH electrode, set aside storage solution, rinse with DI water and blot gently with a paper towel.
- Press the power button then press the ‘Mode’ button and switch the SC-300 into ‘Cal’ mode.
- Calibrate using the pH 4 and pH 7 reference standards provided. Put the SC-300 in pH mode.
- Take a 5 mL sample of wine, place it in the beaker. Take a pH reading.
- For the TA test, withdraw 5 mL of the TA Titrant with the syringe.
- Take 5 mL wine sample and add ~15 mL of deionized water.
- Put SC-300 into TA mode, place clean pH electrode gently in solution.
- Add TA Titrant from the syringe dropwise until the endpoint is reached indicatedwith the visual and audible signals. Record the volume (in mL) of titrant used.
- Multiply the titration volume by 2, the TA conversion factor,results in g/L Tartaric Acid.