Renaissance Yeast’s strains have excellent fermentation kinetics, desirable sensory characteristics, and are produced to the highest quality standards. Renaissance Yeast is the exclusive developer of a novel, patented H2S-preventing technology that is the result of a natural trait in yeast that increases sulfur and nitrogen utilization efficiency during fermentation, thereby preventing hydrogen sulfide formation.
Brio (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), A specialty yeast for complex, fruit driven red wines. Selected for its intense aroma purity and ability to enhance Pinot Noir varietal characteristics, Brio elevates a wine’s aromatic expressiveness with impressive notes of cherry, black fruits, and spice. Brio improves the extraction of phenolic compounds and color, which helps produce a complex, rounded wine.
- Recommended for Pinot Noir, Zinfindel, Grenache and Gamay
- Fermentation temperature limits 64 to 86 ͦF
- Alcohol tolerance 16% v/v
- Medium nitrogen requirements
- Yeast does not produce hydrogen sulfide
- Moderate fermentation tempo
- Low production of SO2
- Classically bred, Non-GMO
- For use in wine